We are excited about the 2015-2016 school year and the community service events we are planning. Below are a few reminders:
- Dues: Please submit $5.00 to Mrs. Baker-Latney
- NJHS students that attended the mandatory meeting on September 9th received the NJHS Handbook. All members must return the “Standards of Members form” signed. This confirms your membership.
- Applications for officers are due on Friday, September 18, 2015. The application must be complete and teacher recommendations are required as well as your two hundred word essay.
- All NJHS students are required to attend all meetings. If an emergency arises and a member cannot attend a meeting, the member is required to inform the chapter adviser and provide a written excuse. Missing more than one meeting constitutes grounds for probation. Extenuation circumstances need to be addressed to the chapter adviser. Members are responsible for all information and polices presented at the meeting whether or not they attend.
- All NJHS members must to complete eighteen hours of approved community service per semester. See NJHS handbook to view acceptable service list.
All NJHS students have the opportunity to sign up for this week community service event “Back to School Night” at Caroline Middle School. Permission forms were given to all NJHS students that expressed interested. (See Mrs. Baker-Latney)
There will is a sign-up sheet in Room C-138 for all upcoming community service opportunities for the month.